Monday, September 22, 2014

Prince, Prince And More Prince


Lately I have been more than disturbed by my generation's view on musical entertainers. What really started to push my buttons was that everyone is calling Beyonce the greatest entertainer of all time and Ariana Grande a pop princess. Thus, I decided to write this blog post to inject myself with some turb (the opposite of disturbed). 

I am not here to throw shade on Beyonce when it comes to her talent because she clearly has "it". Powerful performances that commands the stage like no other, she is without a doubt currently one of the best stage entertainers. My problem with Beyonce is these self-assigned nick names. She first called herself KING B and Queen B, thus her fans championed behind that. You can't give yourself these titles, it violates natural pop-music law in my opinion. But here are 3 reasons why I truly don't like Beyonce:

3. When she talks during her performances she undergoes a spiritual and vocal transformation into a man. It freaks me out when she orders the crowds in her baritone voice to wave their hands or sing along.

2. Her fans calling her a musical genius... Umm no. Sure, she has a great ear for music and knows how to attack any track vocally. But I leave musical genius status to those who write and produce their own records. I'm okay with calling her a entertainment genius, i guess. #OnToTheNextOne

1. Beysus. I don't know where this came from and even care less to do any research.

Ariana Grande cannot sing well enough that I will listen to her again.

And then there is Iggy Azalea. That is a whole blog post on it's own.

So thus I ask for Prince, Prince and more Prince. With a dash of Andre 3000.





No comments:

Post a Comment